There is an issue with version 6.8 that affects all Route sites.
To reproduce this issue:
1. Navigate to Pages > Add New (or edit existing)
2. Click "Classic Mode" if the classic editor is not already selected.
3. Click "Add Media" and use the popup to select an image from the Media Library (or upload a new picture).
4. Click "Insert into page"
5. ... nothing happens. nothing is inserted.
Again, this only affects our Route sites (we have a lot of them), and not all of them have the same plugins. I tried to find some commonality between plugins but the only common element is that they all have Route 6.8 and its included WPBakery Page Builder installed.
FYI - appears to be an issue with the bundled version of WPBakery Page Builder - looking at the changelog I can see they fixed it in version 6.0.5:
17.07.2019 - ver 6.0.5
* Fix: All Media In Text Block works properly
In fact, if I turn off WPBakery Page Builder, I am once again able to add Media into text blocks. Of course, the site breaks but at least this confirms the cause.
When can we expect this update to be bundled into the theme so we can use Media in text blocks again?
If it will be a while, is there some way we can update it on our own independently of Route?
Sorry for delay, I was in festival
Hmm, This is latest version of Visual Composer. Can you try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7h42uqeqrwcfjp/js_composer.zip?dl=0
If it works properly, I'll update the theme
Yes that version works - thanks! I'll look forward to the theme update.